Tuesday, July 6, 2010

13. Closing Date?

Just a quickie today.  Nothing wrong with a quickie every now and then, huh?

I got a phone call from Kelly, my Realtor, that the closing should be happening by Friday.  As a matter of fact, it has to happen by Friday because the bank approval of the short sale is only good through Friday!  Jeez these guys like to cut it close.  She is trying to reschedule for Thursday, so if there is any hiccup - a paper missing or something else some one may have missed - we'll have a day to straighten it out.  Good thing I don't get stressed out easily, I actually think this is kind of comical.  Like politics - it takes 25 people and 3 reams of paper to get anything done.

By the way, Kelly is doing an awesome job, considering she hardly makes any money when I buy a house!!  She helped me purchase the house I have lived in for almost 10 years now, and it was a cheapie too.  Needed a whole lot of work but now it's my little paradise.  This is a shot of the side yard, and you can see the lake in the back - I still remember the day I first saw it and knew it was the house for me, despite it's decrepit condition at the time.

I learned a lot working on this house, that I will use in the Grandview project.

I also hit my two favorite thrift stores today.  I found some great towels, baskets, glassware and a couple of throw rugs for bathrooms.  I also picked up a wicker arm chair with a very nice cushion, in great shape except for the Halloween-orange spray paint job.   I'll be painting it white and I'll post a picture in my next blog.  I've been doing some daydreaming about colors, and a theme to help me decide how to furnish and decorate Grandview, and I'll be filling you in on all that too.

Balance forward:  $315

$23  towels, baskets, glassware, rugs
$9   wicker armchair and cushion

Remainder:  $283

No comments:

Post a Comment