Saturday, September 4, 2010

49. Stuff

No, I didn't go to Daytona today.  I stuck it out and stayed home.  I got a lovely phone call this morning from Don however, that I was in big trouble, a-gain.  They got the garage door torn out, and all ready to install the new door and it didn't fit.  I'd swear it did... my tape measure must have been faulty or something.  Anyway it was an inch and a half too high, so they continued with the framing out of the wall but closed up the door with a piece of plywood in the mean time.

The good news is I got right on the phone to Dave who said, and I quote:  "no problem at all".  He will get a fiberglass door cut to fit and install it in that very jamb so when I take it back to Don it should fit purrfectly.  Fiberglass will be better than a metal door anyway, considering the salt air.  Somehow things all work out, don't they?  I guess I'll have to treat him to lunch again.  Man, this is getting complicated!!

I also wanted to take today to sort through my latest 'finds' and get them on the books.  I will admit right away that I splurged and paid $49 for this rocking chair.  It is beautiful, and probably worth $100 - doesn't need paint, a single screw, or anything!  It has a rush seat and back and I love it.  It might go right in the living room, forget the front porch.  And make sure you see the model posing with the chair:  that's my sweet Rufus (Roo-Bear) who hasn't yet made one appearance in the blog.  Roscoe is a camera hog (I'll be nice) and I had to hold him back to get this shot.

This table/desk and chair I picked up last weekend for $5.  It's solid, but the top is scratched up a bit, which doesn't bother me because I'm going to paint it anyway.  I'll use this for a desk in my Park Place guest room.  I think that makes up for what I blew on the rocker.

Some more misc kitchen stuff - lots of plastic drinking glasses, stainless steel bowls, glass pot lids (love those) and wire baskets for the cabinets that roll out.  The turquoise mugs on the left have water in them so they can be frozen.  This is an essential item for Florida living.  Last but not least, notice the burger-flipping spatula, a must-have for the avid barbecue queen.

A big giant round basket with two very nice bed pillows and some more tab-top curtains here.  I'm not a big fan of round baskets, I like the square ones because they fit together on shelves for a better use of space.  But this one came with all those plastic glasses in it for $5 so I grabbed it.


Last but not least, I found a really nice little baby life jacket for $5 - nice for visiting beach goers to have to keep their babies above water.  Oh and there was one other thing - a nice big lamp, which I forgot to take a picture of.

I am busy preparing for next week's first sleepover!!  Coffee Pot.  Check.  Bedding.  Check.  Shotgun.  Just kidding.  Oh yeah, I'll be sleeping on the couch.  I'm actually not sure how to get a bed upstairs... I haven't dared to measure yet.  I'll have both dogs with me so please don't worry, but you'll have to wait for updates because there is no internet service there!

Balance Forward:  $134

$87  miscellaneous

Remainder:  $47 

2 comments:

  1. Nice rocking chair== reminds me of Cracker Barrel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought! I couldn't remember if the ones there were rush or wooden, but last time I was there they were $99 I think.

    ReplyDelete